Every year literally millions of plastic straws end up in landfill and the ocean, causing death and injury to countless sealife.
Ditch the disposable straw and go Bamboo – a natural, biodegradable and 100% sustainable resource! This will help them to reduce waste and reject the plastic straws. Imagine if everyone said no – to just one plastic straw – that would be millions of single-use plastic not going into landfill!
Bamboo Straw Features:
- Harvested from Central Bali where bamboo grows on steep riverbanks like a weed. It is then dried in the sun until it can be cut to length and hand-polished with sand. This is a very labour-intensive process.
- BPA Free, phthalate-free and lead-free
- Zero Waste Friendly
- Naturally Anti-Bacterial
- 100% Biodegradable
- 100% Sustainable
- Designed in Australia
- Ethically made in Bali
- Available in 15cm and 20cms.
- Widths can vary slightly due to the natural materials
- Use a straw brush to thoroughly clean inside of straw before hand washing
Bamboo is a natural cellulose fiber and is biodegradable, environmentally sustainable, and does not pollute the environment. The amazing growth and self-regenerating ability of bamboo mean that de-forestation is also not necessary. Bamboo grows back in a few months (and is full sized in 3 years) vs. regular trees taking 25 years.
Bamboo is grown with minimal water required and without the need for harmful fertilisers and pesticides. In fact, discarded leaves of bamboo provide all the needed nutrients when they start to decompose in the soil. Bamboo also has a wide and strong root system which holds the soil stable and prevents erosion of the ground.
Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Because of these features, bamboo greatly decreases the number of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and cleans the air!
So, join the movement and add Evergreen Bamboo Products to your belongings!